“Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world.”-Nelson Mandela
Personal responsibility and pro-activity is fundamental to me. Leadership is as diverse as people are. Many people are born natural leaders with great leadership qualities. Leadership skills can be improved and developed. Some people like to lead while others prefer following. Everyone is unique in terms of their leadership abilities and this is exactly what the world, society and all its systems need in order to function in a proper, fluent and effective manner.
“Surround yourself with the doers, the believers, and thinkers … “ – Edmund Lee.
Goals can only be achieved once a group of diverse people, no matter what their leadership skills and types, work together, contributing to and highlighting each other’s best qualities.
I believe leaders should be known for their good qualities.
Here are a few examples of the best qualities most effective leaders have :
- They are true to themselves and the people they’re working with. This quality helps leaders to earn trust.
- Commitment also earns trust.
- Leaders have to inspire their team.
- Leaders must be humble and willing to serve.
- They are objective, fair and not biased
- They act, think and radiate positivity.
- Leaders have to be confident and calm when facing challenges.
- They have extraordinary communication skills, making sure everything and everyone is working towards the same goal.
In the words of George Bernard Shaw –
”This is the true joy in life-that being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. That being a force of nature, instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievance,s complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and, as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It’s a sort of splendid torch which I’ve got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handling it to future generations.”